Music: City Park Jazz – I LOVE Denver
Menu: Tuna Salad w/crackers, cheese, and veggie sticks.
I LOVE this tuna salad. It’s tasty without the mayo. So, for anyone who doesn’t like the mayo or if you need to transport the tuna salad to, let’s say, live free jazz concerts in downtown Denver in a beautiful park, then this is what you should make. It’s super easy, quick, and delicious. I made a massive amount of it and met about 10 people at the park and it was devoured in about 5 minutes. I think I even saw some licking their fingers 🙂
And if you are a Denver-ite and have never been to Sunday evening, City Park Jazz, it’s a must! Sundays from 6 – 8pm FREE jazz! Just pack a cooler, join the crowds, and enjoy living in such a great city. Here’s a pic from last weeks fun…
Picnic Tuna Salad
- 3 cans of tuna in water, drained well
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced thin
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup Kalmata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 TB parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- S & P
- Mix tuna through lemon juice and stir to combine. Add 1-3 TB EVOO to your liking and season to taste with S & P. Chill salad if you have the time. Serve!